Title: Eternal Curse ( The Cursed #1)
Author: Kara Leigh Miller
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Release Date: 15 September 2020
After pulling the plug on her mother’s life support, seventeen-year-old Chloe Madison moves to live with relatives she hardly knows. Her new hometown in the Adirondack Mountains is barely more than a pinpoint on the map, but it’s shrouded in deadly secrets and strange family legends. Chloe is determined to keep her head down, finish high school, and get the heck out of there. Until she meets the enigmatic Trent Halstead. Something intriguing hides beneath his quiet self-assurance and hero hair. Maybe there’s something—or someone—worth sticking around for after all.
But when a rash of unsolved murders leaves two of Chloe’s classmates dead, she begins to suffer from disturbing hallucinations that build to the horrifying image of Trent as a murderous vampire. With nowhere else to go, she’s stuck in a town she hates, surrounded by people she can’t trust, and she’s pretty sure she’s going to be lunch.
If all that isn’t bad enough, Trent is hiding a lethal secret, besides the whole immortal bloodsucker thing. He’s the not-so-proud owner of an ancient, family curse—no Halstead will ever know true love—and he’s desperate to find a way to break the curse. Could Chloe be the key to his happiness or just another secret Trent wished he never unlocked?
Five Fun Facts About The Cursed Series:
- The Cursed Series was only supposed to be a trilogy, but the characters wouldn’t stop talking to me, and I realized there was a lot more story to tell! So, we’re up to six books total now, with Eternal Curse being the first one. Each book continues from Chloe’s point of view, telling the story of her and Trent on their way to a happily-ever-after.
- I originally started writing this book back in 2014. It started out as a “me” project, something fun that I could write when I was blocked on other things or when I needed a fun escape. Then, as it does, life got in the way, and I was focusing on other writing projects, so this book got shelved for a few years. Finally, in 2017, I dug this book out of my files and dove back into it.
As the series progresses, there are a lot of important dates and events, and when I’d worked all those out, it was back in 2017. Even though it’s now 2020, I’d already had all my dates figured out, and I wasn’t willing to rework them (because, well, math is hard, and it took me way longer than it probably should have to get everything lined up). So, the book is set in 2017 and moves forward from there.
- Originally, the series was comprised of humans, witches, and a totally made-up supernatural species that was completely ridiculous. The story itself was awful, and I just couldn’t get it to work, so when I eventually came back to it, I changed it to vampires, witches, and humans.
- Colors and the meaning behind them play a big role not just in the story, but in the cover creation, too!
- The series is set in the real town of Keene Valley, NY, nestled deep in the Adirondack Mountains. While I haven’t been to this specific town, I have visited the Adirondack Mountains region, and it’s absolutely gorgeous! I knew it was the perfect setting for this series.
About Kara Leigh Miller:
Kara Leigh Miller is a full-time wife; stay-at-home mom to 4 kids, 3 pit bulls, and 6 cats; writer, and the Editorial Director at Anaiah Press. When she’s not herding her family, she’s working out, reading, or binge watching Netflix. She’s previously published two adult Christian romantic suspense books that are no longer in publication. Though she’s published a young adult Christian romance (Perfectly Imperfect), Eternal Curse is her first foray into the secular young adult market.
Connect with Kara Leigh Miller: